March 20th, 2017 by Michael MacDonald
Custom Crating Services
Pak Mail Pittsburgh Crate & Ship is the area’s leading crater and specialty crating company. We offer custom crating and container options for all high value, heavy, fragile and unique items, regardless of size or weight.
- We use sophisticated software to determine the best packing and crating design options based on fragility, item composition, value, and destination.
- We design and build corrugate and solid wood crates.
- We offer on-site packing and crating services.
Our crating solutions include:
Commercial Crates, Industrial Crates, Product Specific Crates, ISPM-15 Export Certified Crates, Re-usable Crates, Knock-down Crates, Mass Produced Crates, Tradeshow Crates, Display Crates, Military Crates, Computer Crates, Electronics Crates, IT Equipment Crates, Moving Crates, Furniture Crates, Museum Quality Crates, Art Crates, and Antique Crates.
Contact us for a free in-person or phone consultation, or get a quote now via the web.
See what clients have to say about Pak Mail Pittsburgh Crate & Ship’s service.
March 3rd, 2014 by Michael MacDonald
2014 has been a great year in terms of presenting us with a number of interesting industrial crating projects. Here’s a quick sampling:
- The Pak Mail Pittsburgh Crate & Ship on-site crating team completed a project last week for large machine tool manufacturer involving the shipment of a large metallurgy furnace to Asia. Sensitive electronic control panels and units needed wrapped and protected against the corrosive effects of salty ocean air. This was done using 7-mil marine grade polyethylene shrink film and desiccant as calculated per the MIL-STD-2073 specification.
- Pak Mail Pittsburgh Crate & Ship provides “ready-to-assemble” custom export (ISPM-15) crates to a large West Virginia manufacturer of conveyor and material handling equipment. This customer often requires these heavy-duty, custom sized crates on very short notice with 2nd day shipping (and sometimes next day shipping)
of the units. We have proud to say that we have never missed a deadline ever with this client and despite the dreadful winter we have experienced this past (and present!) winter. We ship these crates “ready-to-assemble” to reduce the freight classification and minimize the freight cost. You may be surprised to learn how inexpensively we can ship custom crates around the country.
Here’s to more crate big things in 2014!