GLOBAL PACK & SHIP, CRATE & FREIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR HOME & BUSINESS
- Can you ship a ____?
Yes, with the exception of hazardous material or items prohibited by law.
- Do you offer coverage for loss or damage during shipment?
Yes, we do. In the unlikely event that your items are lost or damaged by the carrier during shipment, we offer declared value coverage and we will handle all the claim paperwork for you.
- Will you pick-up my items for shipping?
Yes, we offer pick-up services for residents and businesses throughout the Greater Pittsburgh, western Pennsylvania, and eastern Ohio. Contact us for details.
- Can you help me understand all the various shipping terms?
Yes, please check out our glossary or contact us with any questions.
- How is my shipment delivered?
We offer many delivery options:
- Terminal means you pick-up your shipment at the carrier’s nearest terminal and load it into your own vehicle. This is the least expensive option.
- Curbside means that your shipment will be transported via a reputable carrier, generally on a trailer with one driver. You are responsible for unloading the item from the back of the truck and carrying it into your home or office. When any single piece in a shipment weighs over 70 pounds, we suggest that you request lift-gate delivery or full service delivery. The additional cost could save your back!
- Curbside + Lift-Gate enables your shipment to be removed from the truck by the delivery driver, adding to your convenience.
- Inside Delivery means that the driver will take the item into your garage or the closest inside threshold.
- White Glove means the driver will take the item into the final destination to a place of your choosing, unpack the item and remove the debris. This is the most expensive option.
- How long will it take for my shipment to deliver?
Our standard turnaround time for domestic shipments is 5-10 business days from pickup to delivery. We can always provide expedited service options to meet your needs.
- Will I be able to track my shipment?
Yes. When your shipment leaves our warehouse we will provide you with a website address and tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your shipment. We also monitor the progress of your shipment on a daily basis.
- Do you have a minimum weight for small moves?
No, traditional movers have minimum weights, meaning you pay to move a load whether it weighs 1500 - 2000 pounds or not. Pak Mail Pittsburgh has no minimum weight requirements, which is how we can help you save on small moves.
- How long will my international ocean shipment take?
A typical time frame is 4-6 weeks. This can vary somewhat by destination and be impacted by ship sailing schedules and weather.
Contact us for a free in-person or phone consultation, or get a quote now via the web.
See what clients have to say about Pak Mail Pittsburgh's service.
Pak Mail Pittsburgh
Crate & Freight
1 Beynard Way
Irwin, PA 15642
Click here for a map
MAIN OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
QUOTES BY PHONE
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM